If you’re between the ages of 13 and 19, our Synced Club is completely in sync with you. With a minimum share account deposit of $25, you can be eligible for a free checking account2, free checks, free Synced Visa® Debit/ATM Card2, opportunities for a scholarship1, and so much more.
- Free savings account reinforces good financial habits
- Available for young savers ages 13 to 191
- Dividend-bearing account
- Earn dividends with a minimum balance of $5,000.01
- No monthly service fees
- Unlimited free withdrawals
- Includes free perks:
- $25 minimum deposit to open
- Federally insured by NCUA up to $250,000
Congratulations to our 2018 Scholarship Recipients!
- Court Coley – Westbrook Christian School – Birmingham Southern College
- Josie Hughes – Crossville High School – Snead State Community College
- Samuel McKay – Ider High School – Jacksonville State University
- Ashley Morales – Fort Payne High School – Northeast Alabama Community College
- Allison Hansford – Albertville High School – Jacksonville State University
- Eli Jones – KDS DAR High School – Jacksonville State University
- Emily Robertson – Oxford High School – Jacksonville State University
Honor Roll Rewards
- We believe that hard work should pay off:
- Receive $2 for every A and $1 for every B3
- Report cards must be received by:
- January 31, 2019 (Fall Term)
- June 30, 2019 (Spring Term)
Learn more about this program.
3Must be a youth club member (Savasaurus, Generation Next, or Synced) to receive Honor Roll Rewards. Members under the age of sixteen (16) are required to have a parent, grandparent, legal guardian, or other approved joint account owner to open a new youth club account or add services on an existing youth club account. The par value of a membership share, which is twenty-five dollars ($25.00), must be maintained in order to retain membership. UTMA (Uniform Transfer to Minors Act) accounts qualify for Honor Roll Rewards for members up to the age of nineteen (19); however, the transactions will be subject to the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act of Alabama. One (1) reward per tax identification number, per term only. Please visit the following website or contact an ATCU employee for reward amounts, reward amount limitations, report card submission deadlines, format requirements, and reward payout dates: http://www.atcu.com/personal/youth-accounts. Submit report cards to any ATCU office to participate. Restrictions may apply. Program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Federally Insured by NCUA.
Financial independence awaits...
1Synced Club is exclusive to ages thirteen through nineteen (13-19). The Synced Club member is permitted to open new services on the account and facilitate transactions without being accompanied by an adult joint account owner beginning at the age of thirteen (13), which includes issuance of a VISA® ATM Card. ATM fees may be refunded by initiating a request with the Accounting Department. Synced Seniors Scholarships are available to graduating seniors which meet all conditions and eligibility requirements described in the application.
2The Synced Club member must be at least thirteen (13) years of age and have the written consent of an approved adult joint account owner to open a share draft (checking) account and to obtain a Synced VISA® ATM/Debit Card.
Children's Online Information Privacy: We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy online is important. Alabama Teachers does not solicit or collect individually identifiable information on visits to the youth accounts section of our website without parental consent and do not knowingly solicit or collect individually identifiable information from children on any other area of our site.