Introducing: Credit Union Partner's Helping Hands Foundation
Published: February 2, 2021
The Credit Union Partner's Helping Hands Foundation (CUPHHF) is a partnership between Alabama Teachers Credit Union and Family Savings Credit Union. The foundation's purpose is to increase the overall impact of our credit unions by helping others in the communities we serve.
The Community Foundation of Northeast Alabama will be managing the CUPHHF, accepting online applications and distributing funds from CUPHHF. Decisions for donation requests will be based on an application scoring system established by the CUPHHF. The foundation will operate with an advisory committee made up of representatives from both credit unions and will follow eligibility and funding requirements outlined below.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS; ALL REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET:
- Live in an area served by one of the two credit unions
- Are either over 60 years of age, or disabled or low income or physically or mentally challenged, and
- Have an immediate need due to a local disaster, emergency or have an unmet need
AREAS OF FUNDING INCLUDE:
- Home repair that corrects a health hazard
- Home repair that assists individuals with disabilities
- Immediate food or shelter need not met by any other agency
- Immediate health care need not met by any other agency
To inquire or to apply for funding, please visit:
The Community Foundation of Northeast Alabama’s website at yourcommunityfirst.org and navigate to the Credit Union Partner’s Helping Hands Foundation webpage or call 256-231-5160.