Free checking is good. But free checking that pays you? Well, that's even better. Our free nHanced Checking helps you make the most of your money with 2.50% APY1 on balances up to $15,000. We'll even pay back your ATM withdrawal fees3 — right here in sweet home Alabama and at ATMs across the country.
- A free checking account that earns cash rewards
- An APY of 2.50%1 will be paid only for that portion of your average daily balance that is less than $15,000
- A Dividend Rate of 0.25% will be paid on balances exceeding $15,000, resulting in an APY of 2.50% to 0.54%, depending upon the balance in the account2
- Accounts that do not meet qualification requirements will receive a 0.10% APY Dividend Rate paid on the average daily balance
- Unlimited nationwide ATM fees will be refunded to nHanced Checking accounts if qualifications are met3
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Free Online Banking & Bill Pay
- Free e-Statements
- Free Mobile Banking with Mobile Check Deposit
- Free Telephone Banking
- Free Visa® ATM/Debit Card
- Unlimited check writing
- Increase on new Term Share Certificate rates4
- Reduction on consumer loan rates5
- Visa® Gift Card discounts
- No minimum deposit to open
nHanced Checking is free checking that earns rewards, but there's never a monthly service fee or penalty fee if you come up short on qualifications. Monthly Qualification Cycle requirements must be met to qualify for the rewards. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" refers to the period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle.
Monthly Qualification Cycle Requirements:
- 12 posted and settled debit card purchases—signature or PIN-based (ATM transactions excluded)1
- One direct deposit or one ACH transaction or one Bill Pay (applies to your nHanced Checking account only)
- One Online Banking log-in (Mobile Banking is not set up to be included as the monthly login at this time.)
- Sign up and receive e-Statements
Additional Account Information:
- Available to personal accounts only
- Only one (1) nHanced Checking account per Social Security number
- Must have at least five (5) approved services to qualify for nHanced Checking
- Additional fees may be incurred for the following items: check orders, Overdraft Privilege fees, Returned Item fees, Insufficient Funds fees, Transfer fee, Statement Copy fees (other fees may apply). Imposition of these fees may result in reduced earnings on your account.
Account Information & Disclosures
So little effort... so much reward!
Additional Account Information:
Available to personal accounts only
Only one (1) nHanced Checking account per Social Security number
Must have at least five (5) approved services to qualify for nHanced Checking
Additional fees may be incurred for the following items: check orders, Overdraft Privilege fees, Returned Item fees, Insufficient Funds fees, Transfer fee, Statement Copy fees (other fees may apply). Imposition of these fees may result in reduced earnings on your account.
1APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of July 31, 2015. The interest rate and the APY may change daily after account is opened based on the determination of the credit union board of directors. No minimum deposit to open. If qualifications are met each Monthly Qualification Cycle: 1. ATM fees incurred during Qualification Cycle will be reimbursed and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; 2. balances up to $15,000.00 receive an APY of 2.50%; and 3. balances over $15,000.00 earn a Dividend Rate of 0.25% on portion of balance over $15,000.00, resulting in an APY of 0.54-2.50%, depending upon the balance. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle account during Monthly Qualification Cycle. Transactions may take one (1) or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle an account. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" is not the same as monthly statement cycle. Fees may reduce earnings. Only one (1) nHanced Checking account per Social Security number. Must have five (5) approved ATCU services to qualify for nHanced Checking.
A posted transaction occurs when funds are actually withdrawn from the account. Posted debit purchases may vary by merchant; therefore, we have no control over these delays. Reversed debit card purchases will not count toward the required total. Debit card transactions processed by merchants and received as ATM transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. Only debit card transactions processed by merchants and received as POS transactions count towards qualifying debit card transactions.
2Balances over $15,000 earn a Dividend Rate of 0.25% on the portion of the balance over $15,000, resulting in an APY range of 2.50%-0.54% depending on the balance. For example, an account balance of $115,000 would earn 0.54% APY.
3Unlimited ATM fee refunds per Monthly Qualification Cycle when requirements are met. ATM receipt must be presented within sixty (60) days of the transaction for reimbursement of an individual ATM fee of $5.00 or higher.
4Subject to credit union terms and conditions.
5Rates may vary depending on credit worthiness. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. All rates are subject to change without notice. Some restrictions may apply.