All Alabama Teachers Credit Union Visa® Credit Cards include:
- Exclusive ScoreCard® Bonus Rewards Program
- Cruise and vacation packages
- Special deals and promotions
- No annual fees
- 25-day interest-free grace period
- Balance transfer option
- No minimum finance charge
- No transaction fee for purchases
We offer a variety of different cards so you can find one that meets your specific needs!
Visa® Platinum Premier
- Low 9.90% APR
- Credit Score: 660 and Up
- Up to $1,000,000.00 in travel accident insurance
Visa® Platinum Plus
- Low 10.90% APR
- Credit Score: 620 - 659
- Up to $500,000 in travel accident insurance
- Low 11.90% APR
- Credit Score: 619 or Less
- Up to $250,000 in travel accident insurance
Programs, rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Manage your Alabama Teachers Visa® Credit Card account online in just a few clicks. Visit ezcardinfo.com for registration and log in information.
Through Visa® Purchase Alerts, ATCU Debit and Credit Cardholders can create an account and receive purchase alerts via text or email for eligible Visa® Cards.
- Security: Get alerts for transactions in real-time and immediately identify potentially fraudulent activity.
- Control: Track spending and stay on top of account balances.
- Convenience: Adjust your alerts to what makes sense for you and receive them via SMS text or email.
Follow the steps below to enroll:
- Visit visa.com/purchasealerts.
- Check to see if your card is eligible.1
- Register your mobile device and email to receive Visa® Purchase Alerts.
- Choose the notification triggers that match your needs, such as transactions exceeding a set amount.
To ensure that you, our members, feel safe and secure when using your ATCU Visa® ATM/Debit and Credit Cards, we are in the process of implementing the EMV (Europay, MasterCard, and Visa®), commonly referred to as the new "chip" card. EMV is a joint effort between the three to ensure a secure and global way for MasterCard® andVisa® to be accepted worldwide. This new form of payment will aid in protecting against fraud by enhancing the security of card transactions.
ATCU Visa® EMV Credit Cards are available now on reissues and new cards. ATCU Visa® ATM/Debit Cards will follow suit in the coming months. Watch for more details on the EMV debit card release. We will also inform you when our Instant Issue EMV debit cards become available. Please read below for EMV Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for a better understanding of how this new technology will work to provide you with an additional layer of security when using your ATCU Visa® ATM/Debit and Credit Cards.
What is Visa® Chip Technology?
Chip technology refers to the microchip found on credit and debit cards. Each time a chip card is used in-store, a unique one-time code is created and validated before transactional approval. When the same chip card is used again at a different location, a new unique-code is created. This feature makes it virtually impossible to duplicate with a counterfeit card.
How do you use a Visa® Chip Card?
Visa® Chip Cards can only be used in a chip-activated merchant terminal. All you have to do is insert your card in to the reader, chip-side up and follow the on-screen prompts. The card must stay inserted in the merchant terminal until the transaction is complete. Just remember to take your card with you when you leave.
What is a chip-activated merchant terminal?
A chip-activated merchant terminal is a payment terminal that is able to accept chip cards as well as cards with the magnetic stripe. All payment terminals are different; however, you will notice a slot where the chip card can be inserted into the machine for payment instead of swiping the stripe on the back of the card.
What if a customer has a credit or debit card with a magnetic stripe and no chip?
Chip-activated terminals are equipped to accept cards with a magnetic stripe by swiping the card on the terminal. Most financial institutions and merchants are currently in the process of replacing cards and terminals to ensure they are EMV-ready. For the next few years, both types of cards will be in circulation.
Are there any additional fees associated with chip-enabled cards?
No additional fees apply to your card.