Visa® ATM/Debit Card
Our Visa® ATM/Debit Card offers immediate access to the funds in your checking account. Free, safe, and convenient, your Alabama Teachers Visa® ATM/Debit Card is accepted at millions of merchants and connects your available funds to your wallet with a convenient piece of powerful plastic.
- Use at the register, online or ATM
- Linked directly to your checking account balance
- Funds deducted automatically
- No fee, finance charges or late fees
- Quicker than writing a check
- Easier to carry than cash
- User Guidelines
A Quick Reference:
Using Your Alabama Teachers VISA® ATM/Debit Card for Debit or Credit Transactions
You can use your ATCU VISA® Debit Card for both debit and credit transactions. Below is an overview of how those transactions are processed:
• Debit transactions are referred to as PIN (Personal Identification Number)-based. There are two types of PIN-based transactions: POS (Point of Sale) and ATM (Automated Teller Machine).
• When you swipe your VISA® Debit Card and select "Debit" on the keypad, you will be required to enter your PIN.
• The transaction is debited from a designated checking account immediately.
• The transaction is posted with the words POINT OF SALE, followed by the merchant's name and location.
• ATM withdrawals are limited to $500 per day.
• Daily transactions are limited to $2,000 per day.
• Credit transactions are referred to as Signature-based.
• When you swipe your VISA® Debit Card and select "Credit" on the keypad, or tell a sales associate that you are making a credit charge, you will be required to sign your name to authorize the transaction.
• The transaction is not immediately debited from your designated checking account but will be held against the available balance.
• The transaction could take up to five business days to post.
• The transaction is posted with the words DEBIT CARD followed by the merchant's name and location.
• Purchases made over the phone or via the Internet are processed as credit transactions.
• Credit/Signature transactions are limited to $2,000 per day.
Even though your ATCU VISA® ATM/Debit Card is still held against your available balance when you use it to make credit transactions, there are a number of benefits in using it for signature-based transactions over POS-based transactions:
• When signing for purchases, there are security protections that help prevent, detect and resolve fraud.
• PIN transactions are handled by each merchant and may not provide the same security protection available for transactions processed by VISA®.