Creating a Financial Plan
Creating a Financial P.L.A.N.
The road to financial freedom can be often be more easily obtained by those who follow a plan created to help them reach their specific investment goals. Let J.D. Holt our CFS* Financial Advisor, help you take the first steps toward building a confident financial future, by designing a P.L.A.N.
How to Create a Financial P.L.A.N.
Pay yourself first
- Promise yourself to take advantage of your employer's retirement plan, whether it's a 401(k), a 403(b), or any other kind of contributory plan.
- Consider Dollar Cost Averaging†, instead of investing assets in a lump sum, frequently investing smaller amounts can be more practical for many and can help lower the average cost per share.
Live within your means
- Promise to pay off your credit cards. Credit card debt is the number one reason most people can't get ahead. Paying the minimum balance due on a $10,000 credit card balance with an 11% interest rate could take 20 years to pay off.
- It's often more rewarding to save for something vs. putting it on a card and getting stuck with payments. If you can't afford it, think twice about buying it.
- Financial fitness is a commitment, a lifestyle, similar to going to the gym and eating right.
Assure your families stability
- Write or update your will. Wills are not just for the rich. Regardless of how much or how little money you have, a will may ensure that whatever personal belongings and assets you have will go to beneficiaries you designate.
- If you have children, a will allows you to appoint a guardian for them in the event of your death.
- Life events such as buying a home or having a child could change the amount of coverage a family needs, work with financial professional to assess the amount of coverage you and your family may need.
Never stop learning
- Write down your financial goals, this is your road map to financial freedom.
- Work with a financial advisor can keep your up to date with new investment opportunities available to you and your family.
- Regular reviews can help keep your investment choices on pace with your needs based on risk tolerance and time horizon.
To learn more about creating a financial P.L.A.N., contact J.D. Holt today to schedule a free, no-obligation appointment:
- Contact J.D. Holt at email@example.com or at 256.439.3632
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CFS"), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the Credit Union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. The Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members. † Dollar cost averaging, A systematic investment plan does not assure a profit and does not protect against loss in declining markets. Such a plan involves continuous investment, so investor should consider financial ability to continue purchases through periods of low price levels.